Vaccinology course 23rd- 27th May 2016 :- KAVI-ICR
UNIVERSITY OF NAIROBI
KAVI INSTITUTE OF CLINICAL RESEARCH
IS OFFERING A FIVE (5) DAY COURSE ON
VACCINES AND IMMUNIZATION
Venue/Country: KAVI-ICR, College of Health Sciences, University of Nairobi,
Date: 23rd - 27th May 2016.
Vaccines are one of the success stories in the history of public health.
Healthcare providers (HCPs) need to be well acquainted with current
vaccination knowledge and be equipped with strategies for implementing
vaccine recommendations in their clinical setting. Understanding how vaccines
are developed, how vaccines work and legal issues in vaccination are some of
the topics that will be addressed in this course.
Who should attend?
- Laboratory Scientists
- Public Health Professionals
- Healthcare professionals interested in clinical aspects of vaccine delivery
- Post-graduate students (public health and clinical fields)
- Policy makers
- Managers of vaccine program
Broad objective: Strengthen the capacity within Sub Saharan Africa in the field
of vaccines and immunization
At the end of this course the participants should be able to know:
- The concepts and principles of vaccines and immunization
- How and why vaccines are made
- Immunological mechanisms for vaccine protection.
- New technology and ideas contributing to future vaccines development and
- Impact of vaccines and immunization in the control of infectious diseases
Training Methods: Teaching will be in the form of lectures, case studies,
debates and visits to clinical research facilities. KAVI-ICR will provide training
materials to participants.
How to Register;
Fill the registration form online or Download the form attached, fill, scan &
send to the email below before 29th April 2016 ; Email to:
- Registration & tuition is free after acceptance and communication to the applicant about the application
- Subsistence allowance and accommodation to be arranged & paid for by the participants
|VACCINOLOGY COURSE - 23rd - 27th MAY 2016.doc||104.5 KB|
|VACCINOLOGY COURSE - 23rd - 27th MAY 2016.docx||29.36KB|
|VACCINOLOGY COURSE - 23rd - 27th MAY 2016.pdf||273.67KB|